help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] Security sandboxing of Gnunet

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Security sandboxing of Gnunet
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 00:21:57 +0200

Sure, sandboxing can help. We hoped to do this by shipping Apparmor
profiles (open bug report: https://gnunet.org/bugs/view.php?id=2004,
help writing profiles would be very welcome), but Firejail is certainly
another possibility.  One could even combine the two, using Apparmor to
restrict GNUnet services (i.e. to only network communication) and
Firejail to isolate GUIs from other applications of the same user.

Only obvious drawback I see is increased installation complexity.

Happy hacking!

Christian