help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet 0.4.2 released

From: Glenn McGrath
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet 0.4.2 released
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 01:26:34 +1000

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:45:31 -0500
"Christian Grothoff" <address@hidden> wrote:

> * trusted networks for the TCP port. gnunetd will refuse connections
> from   client applications (gnunet-insert/gnunet-search/etc.) if they
> are not on   a trusted network (localhost by default). Before 0.4.2, you
> had to firewall   the TCP port to achieve this.

Im running gnunetd locally, and using gnunet-insert and gnunet-search from
the same machine

My gnunet.conf has the following

BLACKLIST = 192.168.0.0/16;10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0;
TRUSTED = 127.0.0.0/8;

"Error obtaining reply from gnunetd!" in the client terminal
and
"Rejected unauthorized connection from 127.0.0.1." in the server terminal

If i dont comment out the TRUSTED line gnunet.conf then i can insert and
search no problem.

It seems backwards to me, if localhost is considered to be trusted then
shouldnt it accept connections from localhost and reject others.

Glenn