help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Gwave with GnuCap

From: Rubén Gómez Antolí
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Gwave with GnuCap
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:46:29 +0100

Hello Ivan:

Ivan Reche escribió:
Hello there,

I know its kinda off, but I don't have anywhere else to ask: Is it possible
to use gwave with gnucap?

Yes. I commonly use it:

gnucap > tran 0 50ms 50us > z
gnucap > !gwave z

I sent tran output to "z" file, after I call gwave.

I've tried here, but gwave wouldn't display
correctly the waveforms. For now, I'm using gnuplot, but it is not
convenient.

You shoud try with Octave: it permits you working with waves too, and it's a bit easy than gnuplot:

gnucap> print tran V(5)
gnucap> tran 0 50ms 50us > Salida.S1.Tran.dat

octave:1> Simu = load Salida.S1.Tran.dat ;
octave:2> time = Simu(:,1);
octave:3> V5 = Simu(:,2);
octave:4> plot(time,V5)

With gwave, I get distorted waveforms that have nothing to do with my wave
files.

In previous version of gwave I have these problem too, actually I don't have these issues.

Versions:

gnucap-0.35

Try to update Gnucap from snapshot, 0.35 version is too old and snapshot gnucap version is so stable.

gwave-20090213

gwave:
  Instalados: 20090213-2
  Candidato: 20090213-2
  Tabla de versión:
 *** 20090213-2 0

What are your system (platform)? When I had problems with gwave I think there was my system (PowerPC). In fact, I have similar problems with other wave viewers due to endian issue.

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

I hope this helps you (a bit at least).

Regards.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.