help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Problems using measure command

From: Rubén Gómez Antolí
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Problems using measure command
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 12:10:01 +0100

Hello:

al davis escribió:
On Wednesday 02 December 2009, Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
I think that I miss something using measure command.
I follow Gnucap's wiki manual:
http://gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=gnucap:manual:commands:measure

I want to get the RMS value of a signal in a circuit, for it
 I do:

gnucap> probe tran i(RMEASA)
gnucap> tran 0 10ms 50us uic
#Time       i(RMEASA)
  0.         0.
  50.u       0.0020859
  100.u      0.0033786
  150.u      0.0041567
  200.u      0.0046241
  250.u      0.0049039
  300.u      0.0050698
  350.u      0.0051667

(...)

  0.0099    -0.0053322
  0.00995   -0.0053357
  0.01      -0.0053384
gnucap> measure eficaz = rms(probe="i(RMEASA)")
no match: i(RMEASA)

Thanks for the comments .. the documentation needs improvement.

I have made some changes to the documentation to try to clarify this.
Look again.  Hopefully it is better now.

http://gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=gnucap:manual:commands:measure

I try now and run ok, thanks.

There are anyway to obtain a RMS wave output (with a control structure, specific print sintaxis or anything)?

Something that next (for control structure):

.control
i=0
while i<=end_tran_time do
measure rms_wave = rms(probe="signal(output)" begin=i + end=time_step_a)
        eval rms_vawe >> wave_file
        i= i+ time_step
        time_step_a = time_step_a + time_step
.end_control

I have still hope to not write a octave or python function for made this. Should be more easy write a rms wave plugin?

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.