help-gnucap

[Help-gnucap] Simulating a discharge circuit

From: Thomas Ibbotson
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Simulating a discharge circuit
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:03:42 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a discharge circuit, using this circuit:
R3 ( 1 2 ) 0.01
R1 ( 0 1 ) 2e6
R2 ( Vhigh 0 ) exp(iv=1e9, pv=3u, td1=1u, tau1=9n, td2=1)
S1 ( 4 3 4 3 ) swmod
Vcc ( Vhigh 0 ) 25K
C1 ( Vhigh 1 ) 1.7n
T1 ( 2 0 3 4 ) Z0=50 TD=37.7n
.model swmod sw(von=5K, voff=-100K, ron=5)

[I run a transient analysis from 0 to 3e-6s with a 1e-9s step and output the current through the test resistance R3 which is where our current probe is situated in our experiment]

The voltage controlled switch represents the electrical breakdown above a voltage of 5KV. This circuit works quite well in reproducing what we see experimentally. However, there are artifacts caused by the fact that the switch changes immediately from high to low resistance.

So, I would like to know if it's possible to have a voltage controlled switch as above but which has a time-dependent model for its switching?

Thanks,
Tom