help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Strange behaviour on .model definition, a bug?

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Strange behaviour on .model definition, a bug?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:04:57 -0400

On Monday 12 March 2007 18:00, Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
> Ok, I understand, but, output circuit is "correct" when I
> comment these lines, any ideas?

This is a different bug, one I didn't know about.

> open circuit: internal node 2

This alone doesn't necessarily indicate a problem.  It says it
had some trouble solving, but might still be successful.  Put
it in the same class as messages like "pivot change on the fly"
or "source stepping used" that you sometimes get from Spice.

I confirmed that there really is a bug that was introduced
between the 0.34 and 0.35 releases.

If you do ".option noincmode" it gives correct results.

This is definitely a bug.  If ".option noincmode" ever makes a
nontrivial difference in results, there is a serious bug.

If this is the case, it may also make sense to check ".option
nobypass", which also should never make a nontrivial
difference.  In this case, with ".option nobypass", results are
still wrong.