help-gnubatch

[help-gnubatch] GNUBatch 1.7

From: John Collins (Xi Software Ltd)
Subject: [help-gnubatch] GNUBatch 1.7
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:41:41 +0000

Just uploaded a GNUBatch 1.7

I've fixed a bug I introduced last time affecting connections between machines running it (ooops sorry!)

I've tried to make the code a bit more resilient about what "my" host IP is. I've done this in a way which hopefully makes conversion to IPv6 a bit easier in the future.

I've also included the "PyQt" interface in the directory "batchwin" although I haven't done the documentation yet but it does seem to work. The idea is to provide a Windows and other client interface allowing you to run/edit jobs and submit new jobs.

The clients are intended to be used with Windows but also run on UNIX or GNU/Linux (actually I've only tested it on the latter).

I'm going to update the documentation over the next month or so to include that and also convert all the existing documentation to Latex to avoid having to invoke OpenOffice.

--
John Collins address@hidden Xi Software Ltd www.xisl.com

Phone: +44 (0)1707 886110 Home Phone: +44 (0)1707 883174
Mobile: +44 (0)7958 387247 (address@hidden)

Trading Address 3 Mandeville Rise, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL8 7JT, UK

Registered in England Company Number 01977148 VAT GB 403 9239 64 R/O: 2 Mill Road, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 8BD