help-gnubatch

Re: [help-gnubatch] Network job submission / query in gnubatch

From: John M Collins
Subject: Re: [help-gnubatch] Network job submission / query in gnubatch
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 15:38:37 +0100

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 10:09 -0400, andrew warshaver wrote:
try gbch-rr .  I had the same problem.

On Sep 6, 2010 1:24 AM, "Todd Jackson" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi. I'm having a problem with gnubatch, running on either CentOS
> 5.5 or Fedora 13. If I try to use gbch-q or gbch-xq with the -r flag
> to display remote system queues I don't see any of the jobs from the
> queues on the remote systems. Also, if I try to submit a job to a
> remote system using gbch-r with the -Q <hostname> flag I get
> 'gbch-r:Cannot locate the program "rbtr" to run remote queue
> operation.'. It's certainly true that there is no binary installed
> called 'rbtr', but although I see a rbtr.o in my build directory there
> is no executable binary with that name.
> I've used gbch-hostedit to create the
> /usr/local/etc/gnubatch-hosts file and defined a couple of other hosts
> that have running instances of the gnubatch xbnetserv and btsched
> programs.
>
> Local job submission works just fine, I have a dozen or so jobs
> being submitted that way that are running every hour.
>
> I did have some problems with the build make / make install process
> where the install did not copy the help files into the
> /usr/local/share/gnubatch directory but I copied those over manually.
>
> Could anyone give me a pointer as to what I'm doing wrong with
> the network job stuff? I'd really like to be able to control jobs on
> multiple systems from within a single gnubatch gbch-q window.
>
> -- Todd

Yes sorry about that it was a hangover from the original version when GNU folks insisted all the user-level commands, originally "btr", "rbtr" etc were converted to "gbch-r", "gbch-rr" etc and that got missed mostly because the original code was trying to be too clever translating "argv[0]" in a way which worked changing "btr" to "rbtr" but not "gbch-r" to "gbch-rr".

If you see anything else like it, that's the reason - please let me know.

(PS please can people subscribe to the relevant lists so I don't have to keep approving emails - thanks).

John Collins
3 Mandeville Rise
Welwyn Garden City
Herts AL8 7JT UK

Email: address@hidden Skype: toadwarbler

Home Phone: 01707 883174 Mobile: 07958 387247 address@hidden
Office Phone: 01707 886110 Fax: 01707 886119