help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Maximum Logged in Users

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Maximum Logged in Users
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:28:57 +0200

Hi Kurt,

> Then maybe I have restricted it myself to 127 logins? In raddb/config I had
> switched max-requests of auth to 254 and max-requests of accounting to 254.

max-requests limits the overall number of the incoming requests radiusd
keeps in its queue. Adjusting this number is only necessary when your
server is operating under considerable strain and/or you are tuning the
values of request-cleanup-delay. See

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_chapter/radius_5.html#SEC36
http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_chapter/radius_5.html#SEC43

for the description.

> Are there two requests per user? If I would divide 254 with 2, the result is
> 127.

Could you please describe exactly your problem? It would be very helpful
if you provide some excerpts from your radius.log

Regards,
Sergey