help-gnu-music

Re: Help with vsize and letter sized paper

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Help with vsize and letter sized paper
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:37:51 +0100

> Dear Lilypond Hackers,
>
> I'm having trouble producing output for letter sized paper; the output
> consistently crosses above the top margin.  I begin my .ly file with
>
> papersize = "letter"
> \include "paper20.ly"

Have you tried
\paper{
   papersize="letter";
}
\include "paper20.ly"

> As an experiment, I edited the values of hsize and vsize in
> ly/letter.ly to much smaller values (e.g. 4.5 \in).  Alterations to
> hsize are realized, but not to vsize.  Any suggestions?

Does the score look OK in xdvi? What happens if you
call dvips with 'dvips -t letter'? If this helps, you could
change the default paper size for dvips, using texconfig
(assuming you have root access).

You are right that the vsize variable isn't used, ly2dvi simply
checks the value of the papersize variable and sets the
paper size accordingly.

   /Mats