Re: Why is Elisp slow?

From: Van L
Subject: Re: Why is Elisp slow?
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 13:15:07 +1000

Stefan Monnier writes:

> Guile would hopefully win on some of those, but by how much?
>
>>8 [snip]
>>8 [snip]
>> because we need manpower.
>
>8 [snip]
>
> But last I checked Guile didn't have much manpower either.  And there's
> a good chance that tracking Guile development (after switching to Guile)
> will also require manpower on Emacs's side.

Can a big advance in funding boost womanpower participation in making
programming and testing great again? recently, big companies that shal
go nameless have been fined amounts like $USD5B, $USD30B plus, and
another one is enqueued for a $USD5B wet lettuce slap across the wrist.

What if the FSF (1) is given a percentage of those fines? say 2%, to
spray on the next evolution of the Internet's GNU Emacs with GC once
every two weeks.

(1) https://nlnet.nl/NGI/reports/NGI-Study-ISBN-9789279864667.pdf

--
© 2019 Van L
gpg using EEF2 37E9 3840 0D5D 9183  251E 9830 384E 9683 B835