Re: Why is Elisp slow?

From: 조성빈
Subject: Re: Why is Elisp slow?
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 22:18:59 +0900

(As I am not currently familiar with how the Emacs codebase is structured) How
does Emacs do FFI currently? If I recall correctly aren’t there ways to call C
functions in elisp? Would it be hard to expose C functions (by compiling to the
SysV ABI) and calling them in elisp (to write plugins in another language)? If
I understand the current architecture of Vim correctly, Vim is also doing that;
it’s impossible to not use VimScript to make plugins, glue code is essential.