Re: INFOPATH on MSYS(2)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: INFOPATH on MSYS(2)
Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 05:36:24 +0300

> From: phillip.lord@russet.org.uk (Phillip Lord)
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> Date: Wed, 01 May 2019 23:07:53 +0100
>
> Yes, apologies, my last email was nonsense. Running "export" in a
> mingw64 we see
>
> declare -x INFOPATH="/usr/local/info:/usr/share/info:/usr/info:/share/info:"
>

> Running export in a shell inside Emacs we see.
>
> declare -x
> INFOPATH="C:\\msys64\\usr\\local\\info;C:\\msys64\\usr\\share\\info;C:\\msys64\\usr\\info;C:\\msys64\\share\\info"
>
> Final ":" gone, hence Emacs never appends its own info files.
>
> No idea where this is caused and it's a lot harder to chase down than
> setting the INFOPATH.

It no doubt happens in the same code which converts paths to their
Windows format.  Someone decided that trailing colons are a mistake of
sorts that needs to be "fixed".  Or maybe it's just an unintended
consequence of how the code was written, with this special use case
unaccounted for.

In any case, this is a bug that should be reported, IMO.