ERC custom ERC command reloaded

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: ERC custom ERC command reloaded
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 06:21:41 +0100

On gnu.emacs.help, Felix Dietrich wrote:

> Anyway, here is my take on your “erc-cmd-R” function:
>
>     (defun erc-cmd-R ()
>       "Repeat the last message or command."
>       (if (and erc-input-ring
>                ; >1 because the /r command will have been put on the
>                ; ring.
>                (> (ring-length erc-input-ring) 1))
>           (progn
>             (ring-remove erc-input-ring 0) ; Remove the /r command
>             (erc-send-input (ring-ref erc-input-ring 0))
>             ; Do not put the command just send on ERC's input ring
>             ; again.
>             (ring-remove erc-input-ring 0))
>         (message "ERC: No previous command or message to repeat")))

Great, only now it is as much your function as
it is/was mine. I now use this version in my
source as well [1].

You are perhaps unaware of this (because of the
br0ken gateway between the listbot and the
Usenet newsgroup), but ERC custom commands was
recently discussed on gmane.emacs.help and
gmane.emacs.erc.general and I think even on
gmane.emacs.devel, and they deserve to hear
about your much improved version of
my prototype.

So I will send a copy of this post to them
newsgroups as well.

BTW this should enter ERC!

[1] line 10 @ http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/emacs-init/erc-my.el

--