Suggestions for OOP C++ 'IDE'-like functionality ?

From: jonetsu
Subject: Suggestions for OOP C++ 'IDE'-like functionality ?
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 10:51:14 -0500

Hello,

I'm a bit surprised that the 'stock' emacs I use already knows how to
'fish out' method names in .hpp files when using Ctrl-Tab for
completion (Linux).  This is neat.  Although from a quick browse of the
topic it seems that there are a certain number of enhancements that
adds much more functionality for object-oriented C++ development.  I
barely have started to read about cquery for now.

Any suggestions for adding an 'IDE'-like capability to emacs and what
are the pros and cons for each recommendation ?  I reckon it's not only
technical as one must also feel good about using a certain set of
add-ons.

Cheers.