Re: Return values of (find-file-noselect), etc.

From: Douglas Lewan
Subject: Re: Return values of (find-file-noselect), etc.
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 02:36:20 -0500

On 01/06/2019 10:06 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> Either way, that's not what I'm seeing. Should this be recorded as a bug?
> I think it's a bug for a major mode function to change the current
> buffer, so what you're seeing is likely the result of find-file-noselect
> not protecting itself against such misbehaving major modes ;-)
>

>         Stefan

Hmmm. I suppose I could make (cpio-mode) a function instead of a mode,
but that seems to be somehow inappropriate. It would avoid the bug of
being a misbehaving major mode, but . . . well . . . . I do suppose
there could be a legitimate style issue here.
I think I'll leave it the way it is and wait to see if anyone screams.
Thanks for taking the time to think about this. :-)

--
,Doug
Douglas Lewan