Re: using setq to create lists based on other lists...

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: using setq to create lists based on other lists...
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 15:45:13 +0900

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 11:32, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Lisp is typically not a Lisp learner's first language.

I'm straying off topic here but let me suggest that emacs could (and is) used
by first learners and that the Introduction could be used as a Lisp manual for
such people.

Hence the need to clarify things and slightly bridge the gap between the
Introduction and the Reference.

There is nothing intrinsically difficult to emacs lisp, compared to a language
(and ecosystem) like AppleScript that *is* advertised as a first learner
language, even though both target the same class of people: users who need to
do automation on their machine.

That's exactly the spirit of what Stallman wrote when he referred to
secretaries who were not conscious of doing "programming" but were still
writing programs in Emacs.

Jean-Christophe Helary