Overriding inherited face attributes

From: Boris Buliga
Subject: Overriding inherited face attributes
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 22:18:45 +0200

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this question was answered somewhere before. I searched and didn't
find any working solution, so here I am.

Problem. Override a face attribute that is defined in an inherited face.

For example, open up a new buffer in the fundamental mode and evaulate the
following experssion:

(insert (propertize "hello" 'face '(:foreground "red" :inherit (:foreground
"orange"))))

I expect the word 'hello' to be red, but instead, it is orange.

So two questions:

1. Am I right to expect the text to be red?
2. How to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

--
Cheers,