Re: Dotnet core run error on eshell

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Dotnet core run error on eshell
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 12:44:41 +0700

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 11:56 AM Edhoari Setiyoso <edhoari.s@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a simple dotnet core project and strangely enough it won't
> run on eshell or any inferior shell but it runs just fine on regular
> terminal.
>
> I'm on Debian 9 Stretch x86-64 using emacs binary from appimage.

Why not the package from your Debian distribution?

I’m not well acquainted with appimage but the idea of packaging
dependencies makes me highly suspicious because that might mean it
directs the library loader to look for libraries in a non-default
path, and that might interfere with its ability to load libraries
installed outside the appimage.

> $ dotnet run
>
> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Http' threw
> an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer
> for 'HttpInitializer' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException:
> Unable to load DLL 'System.Net.Http.Native': The specified module or one of
> its dependencies could not be found.

It says it can’t load a dynamic shared library, so where is it looking
for libraries in both cases?