Newsgroups mailing-list gateway broken thread

From: Garreau, Alexandre
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 00:21:43 +0200

Hi,

After some discussion I’ve realized that in fact mailing traversing the
newsgroups mailing-list gateway receive different message-ids in their
references, which, in my mail user-agent (gnus) break the threads.

I say that because it appears not to break anything on the mailing-list
archive web interface (and to affect most if not all of newsgroup
posters), so I’d like how does it do (does it have mappings of all
correct message-ids to other message-ids?), and how other users of the
mailing-list do, or what can be done to improve the situation.

Thanks for any information.