Re: execute shell scripts by call-process in msys2 environment

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: execute shell scripts by call-process in msys2 environment
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 18:52:54 +0300

> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 07:57:32 -0700 (PDT)
> From: holgar.sperr@gmail.com
>
> > Do you really need to use the latest version of RCS offered by MSYS2?
>
> No, but I thought on a solution within Emacs since 'shell-command' finds and
> executes the shell script. Probably, this wouldn't be that easy.

If shell-command finds and executes shell scripts, then what exactly
is the problem you have?  Your original report said that cmd.exe runs
the shell script, and that registering using 'ci' fails.  But if your
Emacs can find and execute the shell scripts, then all of that should
have worked, no?  What am I missing?