Re: Where to put media demonstrating Gnu Elpa packages?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Where to put media demonstrating Gnu Elpa packages?
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 10:06:08 -0700

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 12:49 PM Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
wrote:

> If someone would want to provide a video demonstration for a Gnu Elpa
> package (or at least images) - what would be the canonical and ethically
> acceptable place to put it to?  Most people seem to use github for
> advertising and demonstrating their stuff, but that probably doesn't
> fulfill the requirements.  Gnu Elpa package pages can only contain text,
> right?

It would be nice if Org mode can be used for this. We already have ox-html
in Emacs core.

With a default CSS file for the GNU Elpa package pages, it should be
possible to have "homepages" for all packages with pics and videos.

The GNU Elpa builder can look for README.org (or something like that) in
the package root dir. If present, it kicks of its export to HTML.
--

Kaushal Modi