Re: Importing an ical event to org

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Importing an ical event to org
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 10:48:38 +0800

Tomas Nordin <tomasn@posteo.net> writes:

> Hello List
>
> I was wondering if somebody would like to share a nice method to import
> an ical event. Or just share some method already available I have
> missed. With some services on the web you get the option to add an event
> to your calendar. One of the options might be "ical", providing an .ics
> file for download. I would like to add that event as an org event in my
> org file I use for events.

There's the org-caldav package in MELPA, you can try that. When it
works, it does exactly what you want. It often doesn't work, though --
I'm not blaming the author, DAV stuff is bizarre and unreliable. I've
been using it with a Radicale server, and after some bug fixes it worked
great. Now it's suddenly stopped working again, for no reason I can see,
and I've been too lazy to figure out why.

Anyway, I think it would be worth a shot.

Eric