Re: ps-ccrypt can't save file with emacs 26.1

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ps-ccrypt can't save file with emacs 26.1
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 16:42:46 +0300

> From: Zhang Jun <gb2313@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:23:03 +0800
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>
>  > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments
>  > #f(compiled-function (start end file &optional append visit) #<bytecode
>  > 0x18bddf3>) 7)
>  >   ps-ccrypt-write-region(nil nil "d:/document/my.org.cpt" nil t
>  > "d:/document/my.org.cpt" nil)
>  >   apply(ps-ccrypt-write-region (nil nil "d:/document/my.org.cpt" nil t
>  > "d:/document/my.org.cpt" nil))
>  >   ps-ccrypt-handler(write-region nil nil "d:/document/my.org.cpt" nil t
>  > "d:/document/my.org.cpt" nil)
>  >   write-region(nil nil "d:/document/my.org.cpt" nil t
>  > "d:/document/my.org.cpt")
>
>  Did you try to byte-compile ps-ccrypt using Emacs 26.1?
>
> yes, I also deleted the ps-ccrypt.elc and restarted emacs, still can't save
> file.

Then please try to figure out which "compiled function" is the one
that signals an error.  I thought it was write-region, but that
accepts 7 arguments with no problem.  Could it be that you have some
advice or some other customization that changes how
ps-ccrypt-write-region works?

In any case, I think this should be reported to the maintainers of
ps-ccrypt first.