Re: on adding a function call to a s-exp

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: on adding a function call to a s-exp
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 17:17:21 +0100

Hi Andreas,

I accept that, and it's fine.

But instead of providing a speculative argument that "it will be a
pain eventually" you could provide a concrete case where it was
a pain in actuality.

With such examples I can, as the developer of the package, know if
the package is flawed in its DWIM guessing or if you were just editing
text in a very bizarre way (which, granted, isalways a subjective
judgement)

> Coding circumstances are a way too complex to foresee all reliably.

Indeed, let's say you're an eccentric programmer who likes to write
programs backwards, starting from the closing delimiter.  To write

  (+ 1 2)

you type

Then electric-pair-mode might be a nuisance (though I've just tried
this particular technique and it didn't misbehave).

João