on adding a function call to a s-exp

From: Robert Girault
Subject: on adding a function call to a s-exp
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 19:05:16 -0300

In Lisp mode, when I select a region, in whatever way of selecting it,
and press (, it surrounds the region with parentheses, (...|), but it
puts the point where ``|'' is.  I'd like the point to be at (|...) so
I can add a function call to that region without having to move the
point back to the beginning of the region.

I'm surprised this isn't the default behavior.  Is there a minor mode
or something that makes that the default?  I'd like use it if so
because it means the mode and myself think alike, so there may other
good things in there for me.

Thank you!