Re: Use BBDB for `rmail-output' ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Use BBDB for `rmail-output' ?
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 09:55:46 +0300

> Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 06:56:19 +0200
> From: Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im>
>
> I want to hack something around BBDB and Rmail. The goal is to use a
> BBDB field eg. `rmail-ouput' as the target name for the function
> `rmail-output' function.
>
> AFAIK, I do not see anything to do that without a piece of advice.

You mean, if the basic requirement is to make no changes at all to
rmail-out itself?  In that case, you are probably right, but why would
we self-impose such a restriction?  If we want to support BBDB, why
not modify rmail-out to be capable of such support?

(I admit I don't understand what exactly is entailed in "using a BBDB
field as a target name", so perhaps if you elaborate on that, we will
find some way of doing that without changing rmailout.el.)