Re: How to over-ride locate-dominating-stop-dir-regex

From: Rob Sargent
Subject: Re: How to over-ride locate-dominating-stop-dir-regex
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 17:49:25 -0700 (PDT)

I was _so_ hoping that it was as simple as me being a bonehead and dropping the
p from regexp.
But I have regexp in my .emacs override.
;;
(setq locate-dominating-stop-dir-regexp
"\\`/uufs/chpc.utah.edu/common/home/camp-group1/\\'")

And I open this file:
/uufs/chpc.utah.edu/common/home/camp-group1/bin/segmentGT.awk

Using edebug-defun I step through locate-dominating-file and the string-match
test uses my value for stop-dir-regexp, eventually matches it after peeling off
"bin/segmentGT.awk" and exits the defun.  Then emacs immediately re-enter the
defun and this time the string-match uses the built-in value for
stop-dir-regexp.  This of course will never match _anything_ and I hit the
three second automount timeouts.

Note that the machine running emacs does not have emacs or the OS physically,
locally installed.  All machines available to me get an image supplied from
elsewhere. In my debugging I'm stepping through files.el in home dir
(~/.emacs.d/lisp/files.el(24.3))

I may have some other bonehead problem, but not misspelled regexp