Re: Path of tool-bar icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Path of tool-bar icons
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 14:26:22 +0300

> Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 14:47:39 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
>
> For example, search the glossary for "paste" and you'll
> find this entry:
>
>   Cut and Paste
>       see Glossary--Killing, and see Glossary--Yanking
>
> Those are links, after "see".  They should take you to the
> glossary entries "killing" and "yanking", respectively.
>
> Unfortunately, a regression was apparently introduced in
> Emacs 24.5 - those links now take you elsewhere.  I just
> filed bug #31130 for this.
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31130

Actually, as I reported on the bug tracker, there's no regression, and
the problem is most probably local to Drew's system.

> (The fact that this regression has apparently gone
> unnoticed since Emacs 24.5 maybe indicates how little use
> people make of at least some glossary entries, if not the
> glossary itself.)

Actually, I've reviewed all the Glossary entries a couple of months
ago (in preparation for Emacs 26.1 release), so I think you are too
quick to draw conclusions from unconfirmed problem reports.