Re: Symbol's value as variable is void: defun

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Re: Symbol's value as variable is void: defun
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 18:59:41 -0800 (PST)

Website for all to view.

Here are the location of some troublesome files.

When I try to execute load-2 on the following files,

(defun load-2 (file)
   (load-file file))

http://davinpearson.com/binaries/c++2lisp++-stage-1-purge-comments.elc
http://davinpearson.com/binaries/c++2lisp++-stage-2-beautify.elc
http://davinpearson.com/binaries/c++2lisp++-stage-3-minise.elc
http://davinpearson.com/binaries/c++2lisp++-stage-4-maxise.elc
http://davinpearson.com/binaries/c++2lisp++-stage-5-fill-methods.elc

When I try to load the file c++2lisp++-stage-1-purge-comments.elc it returns
with value t

When I try to load the file c++2lisp++-stage-1-purge-comments.elc it it returns
with value t

When I try to load the file c++2lisp++-stage-2-beautify.elc it says
(invalid-function d-assert)

When I try to load the file c++2lisp++-stage-3-minise.elc it returns with value

When I try to load the file c++2lisp++-stage-4-maxise.elc it returns with value

When I try to load the file c++2lisp++-stage-5-fill-methods.elc it says
(void-variable defun)

In each of the offending files I have placed the following code at the
beginning of it:

(require 'cl)
(require 'early-bindings)

where early-bindings.el can be found at my Website at the following
location:

http://davinpearson.com/binaries/early-bindings.el

I haved placed the source *.el and compiled versions *.elc of my code on my
website
a the following locations: