Re: How to return to the position from where I did tags-query-replace?

From: aklaing
Subject: Re: How to return to the position from where I did tags-query-replace?
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 12:52:31 -0800 (PST)

It is not ideal to use exceptions the way it does, but it is free software and
I love using the function so much that I'm not going to complain :-).

I suppose one could argue that the only difference it makes to anyone is that
after running the function they need to change buffer back to their original
buffer, manually, and it is really not a big deal, and that is why this issue
has survived so long (I'm assuming etags.el was pretty  much the same in 2007
in regard to this issue).

But yes you're right, code that runs normally should not end with an exception.