Re: everybody STOP ANSWERING QUESTIONS

From: Ben Bacarisse
Subject: Re: everybody STOP ANSWERING QUESTIONS
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 20:59:33 +0000

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

> Ben Bacarisse wrote:
>
>> OK, I see the smilie, so maybe you are not
>> being serious, but I don't even see anything
>> amusing here, much less anything to get het
>> up about. What's the purpose of your post?
>
> Don't you think there are better things to do
> with 600 US bucks than to pay someone else to
> do something with Emacs *for one hour*, that
> you can do yourself just as good with the free
> of charge support offered here, on the SX site,
> #emacs, your own brain, etc.?

I'm hardly typical and not at all the target market for anyone on the
page you cited.  I am retired (and have the luxury of time) and I've
been programming in Lisp, off and on, for 40 years (and thus have the
required skills) so, no, I would not pay $600 for an hour of someone
else's programming time.

I'm still puzzled by your post.  The rates or the wording or something
obviously bugs you but I can't see what.  The fact the neither you nor I
would pay for Emacs programming is surely not it.

--
Ben.