Re: everybody STOP ANSWERING QUESTIONS

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: everybody STOP ANSWERING QUESTIONS
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 11:59:52 -0500

On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 17:03:39 +0100
Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:

> Ben Bacarisse wrote:
>
> > OK, I see the smilie, so maybe you are not
> > being serious, but I don't even see anything
> > amusing here, much less anything to get het
> > up about. What's the purpose of your post?
>
> Don't you think there are better things to do
> with 600 US bucks than to pay someone else to
> do something with Emacs *for one hour*, that
> you can do yourself just as good with the free
> of charge support offered here, on the SX site,
> #emacs, your own brain, etc.?

In the first place, you're right, sort of.  It's hard to imagine the
market for emacs programming is nonzero.  Which emacs user isn't
already a programmer, and is inclined to spend money to have it
configured to his liking?

In the second place, $600/hr is pure fantasy.  I'm sure he gets it,
except that billed hours to date are zero.

Specialized consultant programmers in New York City sometimes pull down
$200/hr or so, on projects worth millions.  Usually $150/hr is a
stretch.  $600 is just comical.

--jkl