Re: How to split (IMAP client side split) incoming mails into groups for

From: gnuforever
Subject: Re: How to split (IMAP client side split) incoming mails into groups for multiple emails addresses with Gnus
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 21:05:29 +0000

Alberto and Emanuel,

Thank you for your help.

The problem is solved. It happened because I had 2 "nnmail-split-methods"
By doing:
1. 'B q' , I noticed the emails would go to inbox. So not splitted.
2. 'C-h v nnmail-split-methods RET', I noticed only one was used

I was doing it wrong.

So I changed and put
- all emails in on inbox
- all split rules in one "nnmail-split-methods"

The split is now working.

-------------

Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> writes:

> Yes, I use something like that, execpt for two aspects:
>
> 1. I have two servers in gnus-secondary-select-methods, while you seem
> to have only one.

I always start by one account. If it works, I add the second one.

> 2. I use "fancy splitting", and

I don't know how fancy splitting works. I will have a look in the documentation

>I don't write the full box name.  For
> example, I would just write "INBOX.gpg-users" without the server prefix.

I removed the server prefix.

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

> Yes I understand this is your intention but if
> that doesn't happen, what happens? What do the
> different mails report when you hit `B q' in
> Gnus article mode?

It reports "This message would to the INBOX"

> Or don't you get any mails at all? If so, this
> isn't a mail splitting issue, right?

I got the emails but they went in inbox