re: web design

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: re: web design
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 23:46:40 -0500

html-tidy can certainly check web site grammar and perhaps repair it too. I write perhaps since I suspect it is entirely possible to write an html site so badly that not even html-tidy could repair the site.

One possible direction gnu tools might take in the future would be in terms of scripts first to install when necessary Linux tools and use those locally then send site files out for further checking and perhaps processing and collect those the external sites processed for the developers. Multiple subdirectories with names of internal and external tools on them could hold the processed content as the content got processed and returned. It would then be up to the site developers to review what was returned in each subdirectory to find if any of the processing tools made unacceptable errors. html-tidy I consider a hybrid since the tool can check and slso repair web site files as opposed to w3cvalidator which so far as I know only checks web site files. My nephew who could use Windows prefers Linux for his web development he does for other companies so if any of this starts happening I think he'll be very interested and may even be making some technical contributions sooner or later.