Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (mult

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (multiple) pictures to be included
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 13:59:31 +0000

On Thursday,  7 Dec 2017 at 12:35, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> But anyhow, if I were to do as you suggest, and
> I must confess I didn't understand any of
> it :), what is the first step?

The attached file is an org file which has two src blocks, one for
generating an image using ditaa and one using dot (graphviz).  To edit
either of these blocks, position point within them and type C-c '.  This
will open up a new buffer with the contents of the src block and with
the major  mode set appropriately (artist mode for ditaa and
graphviz-mode for dot).

C-c ' gets you back to the original org buffer.

You can then export the file to, e.g., LaTeX by C-c C-e l o.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, org 9.1.3