Re: Gnus: Thread notes?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Gnus: Thread notes?
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 03:42:48 +0100

> Anyway, please report bugs/feature requests. I've gotten a bit
> distracted from Gnorb while working on EBDB, and now attacking bits of
> Gnus, but it's really all the same project.

Can I ask some more usage questions?

I have a thread where I want to mark some Emails as "to do" and store
some notes about them (about what's important in them, and what I have
to do).  The thread already had become longish before I decided to use
Gnorb on it.

Did I do it right?  At first, I used `org-capture' (on the
headline for the thread.  I think this message didn't get a "&" in the
summary before I explicitly added another note for it with
`gnorb-gnus-incoming-do-todo' - is this expected?

Then I `gnorb-gnus-incoming-do-todo' on the other messages in this
thread that seemed important to add notes about them.  That worked, and
I also got the "&", though I wished these notes where explicitly linked
with the corresponding message ids in the org buffer - can I let Gnorb
do this automatically?  I can C-c v on the note, but that doesn't show
me which note corresponds to which message, and vice versa.

When I opened the group again, the relevant messages were not visible
(because they now were "old").  I had to / o in the summary buffer (btw,
is there a way to let A T fetch and show also "old" messages so that I
get the complete thread without / o?), I then marked the relevant
messages "important" ("!") so that they were shown the next time.

>From the org buffer, I get the C-c v (`gnorb-org-view') thing working,
but every time I want to use, seems I have to go to the server buffer
(^) to make it work - when I don't do this I get user-error: "Please add
a "nngnorb" backend to your gnus installation".  Do you have a clue why
this happens and how I can solve it?

Finally, is there a way to show the complete thread from the Gnorb nnir
group buffer?

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm not really a Gnus expert...

Thanks,

Michael.