extending a mode

From: Christopher Howard
Subject: extending a mode
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 17:43:15 -0800

Hi, I wrote a simple command that I use when in Org mode, and probably
will write a few more in the course of time. I'm not sure if anybody
else besides me would ever use them. However, I want emacs to load
those commands when it enters Org mode. What is the simplest and/or
best way to do this? One trick I learned was that I could (add-hook)
and 'org-mode-hook with a defun in it; however, this causes the command
to be available under other modes as well.

--
https://answersingenesis.org/