Re: How can I make hl-line mode not override the color of rainbow-mode?

From: Amos Bird
Subject: Re: How can I make hl-line mode not override the color of rainbow-mode?
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 10:15:56 +0800

Hi, Can we just rewrite rainbow-mode to use overlay instead? Is that a reason that it doesn't do so?
regards,

How can I make hl-line mode not override the color of
rainbow-mode?

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-
3A__i.stack.imgur.com_fh11k.png&d=DwIBAg&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PQcxBKCX5Y
TpkKY057SbK10&r=qZLZosY6GBAaJtOG9v8QX7nD4BS9t9s5otgxC3d4IFU&m=0cysGUafKkn
05ieu20oYLMZxbhi3LmzWz2B2DcaeCgY&s=IUgAkHZTo4jnGih15NlP4kUZj-kXymJcX-
KgBbBlIbA&e=

Is there an non-intrusive way to do this?

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/23965/105

`rainbow-mode' uses text properties to highlight.
`hl-line-mode' uses an overlay to highlight.
Overlay highlighting overrides text-property highlighting.

--
Amos Bird
amosbird@gmail.com