Re: CVE-2017-14482 - Red Hat Customer Portal

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: CVE-2017-14482 - Red Hat Customer Portal
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 04:17:00 +0200

Mario Castelán Castro wrote:

> Thus it is clear that the mainstream approach
> to writing software is failing to delivers
> reliable software. That is why we have the
> need for an alternative. Among all possible
> approaches, *only* formal testing has the
> possibility of virtually eliminating
> software defects.

Utopian revolutionary ideas!

But guess what? In 1000 years there will be
knives that are sharper, safer, lighter,
stiffer (yet flexible where/if it is an
advantage), supremely balanced, made in
materials that will never rust or corrode, with
a blade that will never brake and a handle that
is super-ergonomic -

still, even the master carpenter on
Easter Island will occasionally make an
incorrect cut, and once in a blue moon actually
cut himself, using this knife!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573