Re: Unwanted cursor and menu offset/warpage

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Unwanted cursor and menu offset/warpage
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 19:23:43 +0100

Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro@gmail.com> writes:

>> I suggest you switch to using VNC rather than VcXsrv.
>
> Thanks. Unfortunately, that decision is completely out of my control.
> As far as I know, VNC is nowhere to be found where I work, and I can't
> take it upon myself to download my own tools.

If that's the case you'll have the same problem getting Emacs for MS
Windows installed.  Then you'll have the same problem installing each of
the support programs (e.g. diff, grep, etc).

But, if you can install VNC then that's the only program you need.  Then you
can use all of the tools on *nix side that are already there.  Would
your IT department be more favourable to allowing you to install half a dozen
programs, or only one?

Also, do you have to ask your IT department before installing anything?  Or,
do you have to ask before using a program with an proper installer?

The latter scheme is quite common.  In that case you shouldn't have any
trouble.  Emacs, the GNUWin32 tools, Eli's windows ports and RealVNC all
install without the use of an installer.

BR,
Robert Thorpe