Re: Using "Emacs Configure" **and** modifying .emacs

From: HASM
Subject: Re: Using "Emacs Configure" **and** modifying .emacs
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 07:09:27 -0700

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

> I would say that 98% of what people do with
> Configure ... 98% of this can be done with
>     (setq whatever some-value)
> which is as simple as it gets.

I tend to agree with this, and have my init file(s) full of those.

However, and I forgot a bit all the details, but once I asked in the
mail list that handles one of the packages I use how to setq something
and was told to use configure instead, that was why configure was
created, and that using setqs wouldn't do it properly.

-- HASM