Re: strange behaviour in keyboard macro

From: Héctor Lahoz
Subject: Re: strange behaviour in keyboard macro
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 12:01:35 +0200

Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Héctor Lahoz wrote:
>
> > I saved a keyboard macro [...]
>
> Rewrite it an Elisp function and voilà probably
> you can work out debugging without us :)

Yes, it's not very long. But I wanted to do it
quickly without programming. Then, what's the
point of having keyboard macros?

For the time being I came through by using

<<search-backward>>     ;; search-backward
C-q                     ;; quoted-insert
LFD                     ;; nroff-electric-newline
C-q                     ;; quoted-insert
LFD                     ;; nroff-electric-newline
RET                     ;; newline

instead of "backward-paragraph".

I hate when programs don't behave as I expect.
Especially with Emacs :-) Although most of the
time it is because I don't understand them.