Re: Best paren editing plugin for evil mode

From: cetag
Subject: Re: Best paren editing plugin for evil mode
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 07:40:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 17 May 2017 22:46:32 -0700, kfjwheeler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a long time emacs user, first time evil-mode user.  I'm wondering
> what the best option is for editing S expressions in evil mode.  I've
> tried evil-smartparens, but I'm completely at a loss about how to use
> it.
>
> Does anyone know of any good options?
>
> Thanks

Sorry you've had no response to this.

So many modes, where to start. As you're using evil-mode, then perhaps
roll-your-own with enhancements from another mode. Or indeed persist with
evil-smartparens. Sacha Chua blogs well on custom init files.

Personally, I'm not sure where best to go to next. Helm, Ido, paredit.
There seems a steep learning curve with each. I have completion help in
Slime already.