Re: Customization question

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Customization question
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:51:16 +0700

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Klaus Jantzen <k.d.jantzen@mailbox.org> wrote:

> which of the thousands of customization screws I have to turn in order to
> change the background color of the submenus?
>
> I am using Emacs 24 und Debian Wheezy.

If you are using the GTK+ build (which is what is distributed in the
default ‘emacs24’ Debian package), then the screws are in your GTK+
theme. If your build uses GTK+3 and your GTK+3 theme has dark and
light subtheme support, it may be a matter of choosing the right
subtheme. Try:

    $ GTK_THEME=Adwaita emacs -Q

and:

    $ GTK_THEME=Adwaita:dark emacs -Q

On the other hand, if you are using Emacs in terminal (using the
‘emacs24-nox’ package or the -nw switch) or the Lucid toolkit build
(‘emacs24-lucid’ package), then M-x customize-face RET menu RET should
help you.