Re: How to make EMMS display only play/pause/stop info in the modeline?

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: How to make EMMS display only play/pause/stop info in the modeline?
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 20:39:27 +0300

Marcin Borkowski (2017-06-16 14:42 +0200) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> so I finally got to the place wen I want to declutter my modeline.
> A big part of it is EMMS' artist/song info.  I really do not need that
> (especially that I control EMMS from a hydra which displays that
> anyway), but some short indication whether EMMS is
> playing/paused/stopped would be nice.  Is that possible without surgery
> on EMMS' source code?

I don't know about EMMS itself, but it's possible with 'emms-state'
package (available from MELPA¹).  If you do this:

  (setq emms-state-mode-line-string '(" " emms-state))

then the only character will be displayed in the mode-line: "⏵", "⏸", or
"⏹" (these strings can be customized).

Actually, you can customize that variable anyway you want in a usual
mode-line-format manner.

¹ https://melpa.org/#/emms-state

--
Alex