Re: Major and minor modes

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Major and minor modes
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 11:25:07 +0200

> This is a well-known problem for those poor
> souls dealing with "things Web", where you
> have nested languages (CSS and Javascript in
> HTML, HTML in PHP and things)

You said it: poor souls.

Is it unavoidable to nest languages? PHP I see
the situation because it produces HTML from
inline code. With CSS tho isn't a reference in
the HTML file enough?

Another example are Perl scripts to do
databases and have SQL commands executed.
That shouldn't be necessary tho as Perl is
a programming language and surely can just as
well extract those command from designated
seekwell files...

JavaScript obviously I only did at computer
school and as soon as it was done I drank ten
beers to make sure I forgot all about it...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573