Re: Delete marked files from dired

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Delete marked files from dired
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 02:29:44 +0200

Harry Putnam wrote:

>> I've gotta lotta files to delete before
>> rsyncing to a thumb drive. I know how to
>> mark all files in a dir (* s) when in dired
>> mode, but do not know how to delete all
>> those marked files. Anybody? ;)
>
> Not sure how you are marking them, ... but if
> you use the d key and them the x key you
> should get prompted if you want to delete
> the file.

He is marking them with keys * s which is
`dired-mark-subdir-files'. x, or
`dired-do-flagged-delete' doesn't work then (it
does for d, `dired-flag-file-deletion', as you
mention) but perhaps the OP was unaware of that
method as well so why not.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573