[org] different key binding between GUI emacs and emacs -nw

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: [org] different key binding between GUI emacs and emacs -nw
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 21:29:38 +0900

> On May 30, 2017, at 21:21, Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sometimes your Terminal application captures these 'extended' bindings.

It is the opposite that's happening. Terminal works fine. It is the GUI that
does not accept the bindings. And as I wrote, it is not limited to my macOS
(Emacs.app and Aquamacs show the same behavior) but to other people's GTK+
linux or Xubuntu. So it seems that's something that aught to be investigated
and eventually fixed.

> I've always just accepted that org mode keybindings differ between terminal
> and gui.

Except that I don't *have* most bindings in GUI. There is probably a rational
reason what that is happening. I'm fine with helping with the investigation but
I fear that's an area where I can't do much more than that.

Jean-Christophe