Re: Gnus mail with zoho.com

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus mail with zoho.com
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 01:23:44 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> I suppose the first thing to do would be to
> edebug `mail-source-fetch-pop' and run
> through it -- at least that might give you
> a more accurate view of what stage the error
> is coming from...

I did (now) but don't know the debugger at all,
almost. My code never has any bugs, you see :)

It seems `c' will take you forward to the
strange question. Can I take the debugger one
step back from that point and somehow get the
current state?

Anyway, oddly enough, this very problem seems
to be related to the debugger! With

    (setq debug-on-error nil)

I do get the question, that is

    Mail source (pop :user moasen :password
    *** pop.zoho.com :port 995)
    error (USER moasen not valid). Continue?
    (yes or no)

but with

    (setq debug-on-error t)

I don't get the question, instead this message
just flickers by:

    Mail source (pop :user moasen :password xyz
    :server pop.zoho.com :port 995) failed:
    (error Cannot get new mail)

Even ignoring the counterintuitiveness of
that, it still doesn't seem to work, unless
I repeatedly try until I don't get the message
and do get the mail, if any.

This is so confusing at this point it might be
a configuration problem. But even that is
difficult to asses because the Gnus setup is
based on configuration. So the normal
'emacs -Q' to detect malconfiguration will
cripple all of Gnus.

Does anyone have a "minimal working example"
(in the LaTeX lingo) with only Gnus and POP and
nothing else to it?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573